* We try our best to reserve better seats for you.
Restaurant: Shimantogawa (四万十川)
Address: 2-1-21, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Yurakucho Station
Open Hour: Mon-Sun 16:00～23:30
Price Range: [Dinner]￥4,000～￥4,999
Credit Card: (AMEX, Diners, VISA)
Seats: 125 seats
Menu: English menu available
Shimantogawa is one of the most unique restaurants where you can experience a whole new world of Kouchi Prefecture. Once you step inside this restaurant, you will find a beautiful creek right next to your seats and a big old tree in the middle of the room that is creating an outstanding atmosphere of the pure Japanese style while listening to the beautiful sound of the stream at the table.
Kouchi Prefecture, which is located at Shikoku area (the southern part of Japan), has established their own cuisine called Warayaki (straw firing). When you come to this restaurant, you must not leave without trying their bonito (katsuo) roasted over the straw-fueled fire which comes with the savory smell of early-summery aroma. You can paste some salt on the surface of its piece with a little bit of wasabi to add some subtle flavor. Be prepared to be shocked. It is so delicious and profound which may put you in a situation to decide on whether you should do a second one later. The pleasant savory of the fresh roasted bonito just perfectly matches with the special tasty salt with wasabi that wows customers with every bite. Needless to say, it is the signature dish in this restaurant and the most popular menu for the locals.
For the side dishes, you may order some white asparagus, beef tongue, and vegetables that are all straw fired once and they are all exceptional without doubt. If you want to try the new flavor since you are in Japan, they also have some horse meat and whale meat which are actually very common for the locals especially the horse meat. But if are against having them, better not try.
In Shimantogawa, you can have their high quality food in the best pure Japanese style atmosphere while having delicious Japanese sake from Kouchi Prefecture. When you had a chance to visit Yurakucho area, make sure to meal here.
・Total distance: 380m, 5 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Yurakucho Station, Central Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 12
1. Facing JR Yurakucho Station, Central Entrance, turn to right to start your way.
Make sure it is NOT Metro Yurakucho Station.
2. Walk straight for about 15m and go outside.
3. As soon as you step outside, make a right turn.
4. Walk straight for about 20m and you will be able to find JR Yurakucho Station, Ginza Exit to your right.
You will also find a convenient store to your left.
5. Right after you pass Yurakucho Station Ginza Exit, keep walking straight for about 60m.
6. Make a left turn at the crossing and walk straight for about 70m until you reach the intersection.
7. Cross the road and make a right turn.
8. Walk straight for about 30m. You will make a left turn at the 1st street.
9. Make a left turn.
10. Walk straight for about 70m until you reach the end of this street and you will find your destination right ahead.
11. You will find your restaurant ahead of you at the arrow.
12. Enjoy the unique experience at Shimantogawa (四万十川)!