Restaurant : Alcatraz ER
Phone : 03-3770-7100
Address : 2-13-5, Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo harvest building 2F
Nearest Station : JR Shibuya Station / Hachiko Statue
Open Hour : [Sun-Thu] 17:00～23:30（L.O.23:00） [Fri, Sat, before Hol] 17:00 - next 4:00（L.O.3:00）
Close : Open 365 days
Price : [Dinner] 4,000- yen 4,999 yen [Lunch] 2,000- yen 2,999 yen
Credit Card : (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, Diners)
Seats : 150 seats
One of the most unique and eccentric scenes you will encounter among various kinds of themed restaurant in Tokyo must be the Alcatraz ER in Shibuya where you will find the shocking skeleton skull at the entrance and the fake dead bodies laying under the floor as you pass by (and more!).
You will be asked what kind of symptom you are suffering from at the entrance and they will even give you a medical chart (just to let you know that this is a hospital for the prisoners). We told the charming nurse that we had stomachache today.
She will give a fake electrical shock to fix your symptom (it’s funny) and then puts one of us a handcuffs to take us to one of the prison cells in its crazy hospital.
After taking seats in one of the prison cells where you can touch the iron bars right next to your table, you may as well order something spooky for your drink to start with such as Alians Blood (780 Yen) and Intracerebral Party (880 Yen). Just hit the iron bars with the metal stick few times and the very friendly nurses will come to take your orders right away.
On the other hand, the food menu looked relatively normal compare to the weird looking drinks. We have ordered Deep Fried Chicken in Jailhouse (580 yen), Iron Plate Pork Kimuchi (680 Yen), and Stone Cooked TKG (580 Yen) respectively. Some might say it is an entertaining restaurant that is not really focusing on the taste but what we truly liked about Alcatraz ER was its honest and fine taste of the food they served for us. They were delicious.
It is definitely one of the most unique places to eat in Tokyo with full of entertainment. We are very sure it won’t let you down especially if you like to see more unique part of Japan during your visit.
・Total distance: 550m, 7mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shibuya Station, Hachiko Statue
・Steps to follow : 1 - 12
1. Here is the famous Hachiko statue. If you don't know where it is, feel free to ask anyone around you.
Facing Hachiko Statue, turn to right to start your way.
2. Cross the scramble intersection to Q-Front Building.
3. After crossing the street, make a LEFT turn. You will find a bookstore to your RIGHT.
4. Pass the bookstore with blue printed signboard to your RIGHT.
Follow the arrow until you reach "109 store" in 30 meters.
5. When you reach "109", one of the most famous stores in Shibuya, you are on the right track. Cross the street in front of "109" and make a right turn.
6. After you make a right turn, walk this uphill straight for another 300 meters until you find the second Family Mart (Convenience Store) to your right. You will find the first Family Mart to your right in less than 100 meters, but you can ignore it.
Make sure "109 store" is on your RIGHT hand side.
7. When you find a Family Mart signboard to your RIGHT, make a right turn.
Make sure you do not pass Family Mart by mistake.
8. Walk straight for about 90 meters until you reach the end of this street.
9. When you reach the end of this street, you will find your destination to your right.
10. This is Alcatraz ER （アルカトラズER） from the front. Go inside from the entrance as shown on the picture.
11. Go inside and make a right turn to look for an elevator.
12. Press 2F.
Enjoy the unique experience in Alcatraz ER （アルカトラズER）!