When you visit Shibuya for the first time, you might encounter a famous scenery of a huge crowd of people at the scrambled intersection, known as one of the busiest intersections in the world surrounded by the most modernized buildings and youngsters with eccentric fashion. Though, the Nonbei Yokocho, known as one of the most retro and outdated yet coolest back alley, is also located in the heart of Shibuya. It is almost hidden from the main streets and may be a little bit difficult to find, but once you stray into the place, you will find yourself going back to the old times of Japan where you will be led by the fantastic red lanterns to the delicious Yakitori shops and bars. Visit there at night and you can enjoy the ambience just by walking the streets, but having drinks with the locals in one of those small shops in Nonbei Yokocho may also be one unique experience in Tokyo.
・Total distance: 150m, 2 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shibuya Station, Hachiko Statue
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Facing the Hachiko Statue, turn to right to start your way.
2. You will find "109 MENS" ahead of you. Walking toward its building, you will find the crossing.
3. When you get to the crossing, cross the street and make a right turn.
4. Walk straight for about 50m. You will make a left turn at the 2nd street.
5. Ignore the 1st street and keep walking straight.
6. Make a left turn at the 2nd street.
7. Walk straight for about 40m and you will find your destination to your right.
8. Make a right turn to see the deeper back alley.
9. Have a great night in Nonbei Yokocho (のんべい横丁)!