Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building - North Observatory
Enjoy the outstanding view of Tokyo for free of charge! When you got tired of walking the long distance, it may be a good idea to have a seat in a cafe (North Observatory) and have a cup of coffee while enjoying the great panoramic view of Tokyo.
Open Hours (Entry ends 30 minutes before closing)
9:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Admission: Free of charge
・North Observatory: 2nd & 4th Monday (every month), *If one of the days listed is on national holiday, it will be open but closed on next day.
・South Observatory: 1st & 3rd Tuesday (every month), *If one of the days listed is on national holiday, it will be open but closed on next day.
・New Year's (Dec 29-31, Jan 2-3)
・Total distance: 750m, 9 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, West Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 16
1. Facing the JR Shinjuku Station West Exit, turn around and start your way.
2. Go straight ahead for about 20m and look for Odakyu Shop to your left.
3. Pass Odakyu Shop to your left.
Go straight for about 20m and make a left turn at the end. You will find the WORLD CLOCK at the end.
4. Take a left at the WORLD CLOCK.
5. Go straight ahead for about 20m and make a right turn.
6. Make a right turn at the poles.
7. After making a right turn, walk straight for about 30m until the end.
8. When you reach to the end, make a right turn.
9. After making a right turn, you will find a hallway ahead of you. Take this hallway.
10. When you walk straight, taking this hallway for about 600m, you will find your destination to your left.
11. After you go outside the hallway, you will soon find a small entrance to Tochomae Station to your left.
12. Tochomae Station looks like this.
Right after you pass it to your left, you will find the entrance to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building to your left.
13. Make a left turn to go inside the building.
14. This is how the entrance of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building looks like.
Go inside from here.
15. When you come inside the building, follow the arrows to your left. You will find a line of people waiting for the elevator to go upstairs (45th Floor).
16. Enjoy the great veiw on the 45th Floor of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building!