Shibuya Scramble Crossing
Often featured in the media and movies, Shibuya Scramble Crossing is one of the most famous intersections in the world where you could see hundreds and thousands of people from Shibuya Station to the Center Gai and vice versa in one green light. The number of people crossing in one green light occasionally reaches as much as 3000. The view from the higher point where you could find the huge crowd that looks like a human wave is simply astonishing.
Closest station and exits :
1. JR Shibuya Station (Hachiko Exit)
Good day to visit:
Sunny day around 4PM - 7PM. Rainy day to see masses of people with umbrellas
・Total distance: 100m, 1mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shibuya Station, Hachiko Statue
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Here is the famous Hachiko statue. If you don't know where it is, feel free to ask anyone around you.
Facing Hachiko Statue, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk toward Tokyu Store and make a right turn as shown with an arrow.
3. After you turn RIGHT, follow the arrow as shown on the picture. (30 meter to intersection)
4. When you reach the intersection, you will have to cross the street and make a right turn.
5. After you cross the street, you will be able to see the escalator to your RIGHT. Take this escalator to go to 2F.
6. When you reach 2F, make a U-turn to left.
7. Walk straight for about 80m.
8. You will soon find the glass windows to your left. The best spot to take pictures of Scramble Crossing is the 10th window.
9. Here is the best spot to take pictures of Scramble Crossing. Enjoy!