Meiji Jingu (明治神宮)
If you are visiting Harajuku street by any chance, you might as well take few more steps to stroll around Meiji Jingu. You may find peace in your mind at a quiet shrine with cedar trees especially after walking around the busy crowded city of Harajuku. The architecture of Meiji Jingu is very elegant and beautiful. It may be a good place to give yourself a moment to take a deep breath and relax.
Address: 1-1 Yoyogi Kamizonocho, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture 151-0052, Japan
Tel: +81 3-3379-5511
Closest station and exits :
1. JR Harajuku Station (Omotesando Exit)
2. Tokyo Metro, Meiji Jingu Mae Station (Exit 2)
Good day to visit:
Sunny day, weekday, morning
・Total distance: 100m, 1min （on foot）
・Starting Point :
- JR Harajuku Station, Omote Sando Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 7
1. Facing JR Harajuku Station, Omote Sando Exit, turn around and start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 70m.
3. Make sure you pass the Exit of Tokyo Metro Meiji Jingumae Station to your right.
4. Make a right turn at the bridge.
5. Take the bridge and make a right turn.
6. After you make a right turn, you will find the entrance to Meiji Jingu.
7. Enjoy the great experience in Meiji Jingu Shrine (明治神宮)!