Kuromon Ichiba Market (黒門市場)
The Kuromon Ichiba Market which used to be called Enmeiji Market (Enmeiji is a big temple nearby), has a total distance of approximately 600m with more than 150 shops. Most of the shops in Kuromon specialize in very high quality vegetables, seafood, meat, etc and the varieties of both local and foreign ingredients. The place is fun and exciting just by walking around watching the energetic sales staffs keeping themselves super busy. You may sit at the counter tables at the small shops to have their fresh seafood or sit at the public place where it is open for everybody to have lunch. More than 150 years, the Kuromon Ichiba Market was a popular Daidokoro (kitchen) and long loved by the chefs and housewives in Osaka.
Address: 1-15-6 Nippombashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Post 542-0073
Closest station and exits :
Subway Sakaisuji Line Nipponbashi Station Exit 5
Good day to visit: Weekday, morning
Hong Kong movie star Mr. Eric Tsang visited Kuromon Ichiba!
・Total distance: 300m, 3 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Nipponbashi Station, Exit 5
・Steps to follow : 1 - 6
1. Facing the Nipponbashi Exit 5, turn around to start your way.
2. Walk straight and make a right turn.
3. Walk straight for 20m and make a left turn.
4. Cross the street and you will find the Kuromon Ichiba Market right in front.
5. Go inside from here. Enjoy the exciting Kuromon Ichiba Market!