Tokyo Imperial Palace
The imperial palace, where Emperor and Empress in Japan reside, is located on the former site of Edo Castle where you can also find the beautiful traditional Japanese gardens that are worth to see. The classic view of the large park surrounded by the moats and stone walls right in the middle of the bustling metropolitan city are simply stunning. The place is accessible from the JR Tokyo Station which takes about 15 minutes by walking.
Address: 1-1 Chiyoda Chiyodaku Tokyo
・Total distance: 1700m, 21 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Tokyo Station, Marunouchi Central Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 13
1. Facing the JR Tokyo Station Marunouchi Central Entrance, turn around and start your way.
2. This is the ticket gate of Marunouchi Central Entrance. Now, turn around and follow the arrow.
3. When you come out from the ticket gate, you will find a crossing ahead of you.
4. Cross the street. You are heading to the Shin Marunouchi building ahead of you on a picture.
5. When you reach the intersection, make sure to find the Shin Marunouchi building to your right. Cross the street and walk straight.
6. After crossing the street, walk straight for about 100m. You will find a big intersection ahead which is the 2nd traffic light.
7. Cross the street and keep walking straight for another 60m.
8. Keep walking straight.
9. When reach the intersection, cross the street and make a right turn.
10. Walk straight for about 150m until you find an entrance to imperial palace to your left.
11. Make a left turn and you will be able to find an entrance.
12. The entrance is ahead of you in less than 50m.
13. Have a great time in imperial palace!