Founded in more than 100 years ago in Meiji era, Enoshima Tei, who serves exceptional Shirasu Don and Enoshima Don to the customers, quietly stands on top of the hill of this island. You may find many locals in the restaurant taking a long way from the station but they all know their effort for coming here would pay off once they try the bowls in Enoshima Tei. The turban shells they use for Enoshima Don is something very rare to see for Oyakodon (typically a bowl of rice with chicken, egg, and vegetables). The Shirasu Don, on the other hand, is super fresh and delicious that would leave everyone happy. On top of that, the great panoramic view of the ocean that stretches out endlessly from Enoshima Tei is simply magnificent.
Restaurant: Enoshima Tei （江ノ島亭）
Address: 2-6-5, Enoshima, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa
Nearest Station: Katase Enoshima Station (Odakyu Enoshima Line)
Open Hour: [Mon - Fri] 10:30 to 17:30 (L.O) winter season, [Sat-Sun] 10:30 to 19:00 (L.O)
Close: No fixed holiday
Price Range: [Lunch] 1,000 - 1,999 yen, [Dinner] 1,000 - 1,999 yen
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 80 seats
・Total distance: 800m, 12 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Enoshima Entrance (right after you crossed the bridge)
・Steps to follow : 1 - 12
1. Let's start your way from Enoshima Entrance which is right after you crossed the bridge (walking down from Katase Enoshima Station).
Walk straight for about 30m from here and you will find the shopping street ahead of you.
2. Keep walking straight for about 200m until you reach the stairs to Enoshima Shrine.
3. When you reach the stairs to Enoshima Shrine, take the stairs to go up.
4. When you reach the Enoshima Shrine (Hetsumiya 辺津宮), make a left turn and walk along the street.
You may find many Japanese people lining up to pray for blessing.
5. You might have to take a lot of stairs but with the fantastic sceneries!
Walk upstairs while enjoying the panoramic view of the island.
6. You will eventually find a beautiful red shrine called Nakatsumiya (中津宮).
Pass this shrine to your right and keep walking along the street.
You have to take few more steps to go up.
7. When you reach to the top, walk straight for about 60m until you find the stairs to go down.
You will pass Samuel Cocking Garden to your right.
8. Go downstairs from here and keep walking straight along the street.
9. You will find a magnificent view of a cliff to your left.
Keep walking straight.
10. After passing the small shopping street, you are almost there. Keep walking straight for another 30m.
11. You can already see Enoshima Tei ahead of you in few steps.
12. Enjoy your meal at Enoshima Tei (江ノ島亭)!