Yamabe is one of the most popular restaurants for pork cutlet, so called Tonkatsu around Ueno Station. The set menu for lunch called Rosu Katsu, which means pork loin, is extremely affordably priced at 700 yen for such high quality. You would be amazed of the thick pork loin that is super tender with crispy outer layer beautifully wrapping the meat juice inside. The best way to have them is you put some of the unbelievably delicious Tonkatsu sauce with the mustard on top of the crispy layer to enjoy the slices with the white rice and shredded vegetables. We have nothing but praises for them for such high standard meal under 1000 yen. On top of that, the miso soup and some Japanese pickles for the side dish are also superb. You would imagine that Yamabe has a reliable outlet that is very professional and impeccable. You may see some people lining up around lunch time only to have their exceptional pork cutlet, but it is definitely worth waiting.
Restaurant: Yamabe Uenoten (山家 上野店)
Address: 4-5-1, Ueno, Taitou-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Ueno Station
Open Hour: From 11:00 to 22:00 (L.O.21:30)
Close: Open 365 days
Price Range: [Lunch] ～￥999, [Dinner] ～￥999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 26 seats
・Total distance: 600m, 7 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ueno Station, Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 6
1. Facing Ueno Station Central Gate ticket gate, turn around and start your way. Make sure Information Center is on your left hand side.
2. Walk straight for about 80m and you will find Hirokoji Exit ahead of you.
3. Go outside from Hirokoji Exit. You will find a crossing ahead of you in 30m.
4. Cross the street and keep walking straight.
5. Go walk between the buildings from here for about 350m and you will find your destination to your left.
You will pass 3 crossroads.
6. Enjoy your meal at Yamabe Uenoten (山家 上野店)!