The chic black ramen shop around the corner in Ueno is Musashi Bukotsu where you can listen to nice music under dimmer lights while having special noodles of concentrated brown soup, so called Tsukemen 810 yen. If you are really hungry, you may order something called Bukotsu Tsukemen 1080 yen instead which comes with the 2 astonishing size of roasted pork fillet with tasty boiled egg. The standard Tsukemen comes with a large slice of thick roasted pork fillet on top of the shiny al dente noodles. Once you dip 2 or 3 strands of noodles into its delicious soup of great smell, you would realize it is the pork bone and fish based which of course is not oily and heavy at all but rather lighter and sweeter in a unique way and the taste is absolutely exceptional. You would understand why the locals got addicted to it and make lines to come here everyday. After you are done with the noodles and the roasted pork fillet, you can add some liquid called "soup wari" to make the soup pleasantly lighter and drinkable to finish a bowl.
Restaurant: Menya Musashi Bukotsu (麺屋武蔵 武骨)
Address: 6-7-3, Ueno, Taitou-ku, Tokyo Yajima Building 1F
Nearest Station: JR Ueno Station
Open Hour: From 11:30 to 22:00
Price Range: [Lunch] ～￥999, [Dinner] ～￥999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 12 seats
・Total distance: 450m, 5 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ueno Station, Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Facing Ueno Station Central Gate ticket gate, turn around and start your way. Make sure Information Center is on your left hand side.
2. Walk straight for about 80m and you will find Hirokoji Exit ahead of you.
3. Go outside from Hirokoji Exit. You will find a crossing ahead of you in 30m.
4. Cross the street and keep walking straight.
5. Go walk between the buildings from here for about 250m. You will make a left turn at the 2nd street from here.
6. Pass the 1st street and keep walking straight.
7. Make a left turn at the 2nd street.
8. Walk straight for about 50m and you will find your destination to your left.
9. Enjoy your meal at Menya Musashi Bukotsu (麺屋武蔵 武骨)!