Restaurant: Tsukiji Uni Tora Kurau (うに虎喰)
Address: 4-10-14 Kato Shijo 1F, Tsukiji Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: Tokyo-Metro Hibiya-Line Tsukiji-Station Exit 1
Open Hour: [Sun-Thu] 11：00-17：00, [Fri-Sat] 11：00-21：00
[Lunch] 1,000 - 1,999 yen, [Dinner] 4,000 ～ 4,999 Yen
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 26 seats
It is widely known that Uni (sea urchin) is one of the most popular sushi toppings for the Japanese. Although we hear some of the foreigners hesitating to have one because of how hideously it looks and tastes (apparently, it is just too weird for some of them).
On the other hand, it is one rare topping that makes the taste absolutely different if it is not fresh enough. So if you have only had the sea urchin from the supermarket which usually takes way too long to reach customers mouth after delivering and packing, you may still have a chance to have the real good fresh ones in Uni Tora restaurant specializing in sea urchin in Tsukiji. They proudly serve the best sea urchin bowl that is super fresh and mild that almost melts in your mouth.
The fresh one from Tsukiji is absolutely different from the one in supermarket which you may feel it pleasantly sweeter and you would not feel its peculiar bitterness that most of the people do not like. So for those who are already a big fan of sea urchin or for those who have not yet tried the one in Tsukiji before, Picrumb would like to suggest trying it for the last time in Uni Tora to find out how delicious it is.
・Total distance: 350m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Tsukiji Station (Subway Hibiya Line) Exit 1
・Steps to follow : 1 - 8
Let's start your way from Tsukiji Station (Subway Hibiya Line) Exit 1.
1. Now facing the Tsukiji Station (Subway Hibiya Line) Exit 1, turn RIGHT to start your way.
2. Pass Tsukiji Honganji Temple to your left. Walk straight for about 50m until you reach the intersection.
3. When you reach the intersection, cross the street and make a left turn.
4. After crossing the street, make a LEFT turn.
Then walk straight ahead for about 15 meters until you see the 1st street where you can turn RIGHT.
5. Make a RIGHT turn at the 1st street.
6. Walk straight for about 100m and you will find your destination to your left.
7. This is Tsukiji Uni Tora Kurau (うに虎喰)!
8. Enjoy the best sea urchin bowl!