Restaurant: Sushi-Zanmai Honten （すしざんまい 本店）
Address: 4-11-9, Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0045
Nearest Station: Tokyo-Metro Hibiya-Line Tsukiji-Station Exit 1
Open Hour: Open 24/7
Price: 1,554yen-3,150yen(Sushizanmai-set 3,150yen）
Credit Card: VISA, Master, JCB, AMEX, Diners
Seats: 132 seats (1F: 23 counter seats, 16 table seats, 2F: 19 counter seats, 12 table seats, 3F: 6 counter seats, 12 table seats, 44 Japanese table seats)
Menu: Sushizanmai-set 3,150yen, etc.
Click here to see Tsukiji Market Calendar
Even considering the fact that one of Japanese people's favorite dishes is tuna and the year's first auction for tuna in Tsukiji fish market always becomes a big news in Japan, would they get crazier than this one? 222-kilogram (489-pound) blue fin tuna was sold for a record 155.4 million yen ($1.5 million USD)! That is about $300 (USD) per slice which is absurdly expensive! SUSHIZANMAI, on the other hand, serves customers the same quality of fish with reasonable price. Why? Because it was SUSHIZANMAI's owner who bought the tuna for $1.5 million USD! On top of that, the restaurant is a chain store and each piece of sushi will be offered to customers at a constant price no matter how much the tuna was. If you are a first timer of sushi restaurant, I would recommend this restaurant owned by a passionate tuna-lover! ※There are many stores of Sushizanmai in Tsukiji, but I strongly recommend this "Honten". I have eaten in some stores of Sushizanmai and found some differences. "Honten" means head store(Honten) of Sushizanmai, that's the reason why Honten is recommended.
・Total distance: 190m, 2mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Tsukiji Station (Subway Hibiya Line) Exit 1
・Steps to follow : 1 - 7
Let's start your way from Tsukiji Station (Subway Hibiya Line) Exit 1.
1. Now facing the Tsukiji Station (Subway Hibiya Line) Exit 1, turn RIGHT to start your way.
2. Pass Tsukiji Honganji Temple to your left. Walk straight for about 50m until you reach the intersection.
3. When you reach the intersection, cross the street and make a left turn.
4. After crossing the street, make a LEFT turn.
Then walk straight ahead for about 15 meters until you see the 1st street where you can turn RIGHT.
5. Make a RIGHT turn at the 1st street as shown on the picture. You might find a signboard of Sushi-Zanmai if it's not closed.
6. You will soon find Sushizanmai restaurant to your LEFT.
7. This is how Sushizanmai Honten (すしざんまい本店) looks like. Enjoy!