Restaurant: Maruzen Café
Address: 2-3-10, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo Nihonbashi Maruzen Tokyu Building 3F
Nearest Station: Tokyo Station Yaesu North Exit
Open Hour: From 9:30 to 20:30 (L.O.20:10)
Close: No holidays except New Years
[Lunch] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen, [Dinner] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen
Credit Card: (VISA, JCB)
Seats: 54 seats
Recommendation: Hayashi Omelette Rice
Hayashi rice is one of the popular dishes in Japan which contains beef, mushrooms and onions with the delicious simmered demi-glace sauce (that contains tomato sauce with red wine) on top which may look very similar to curry rice in Japan. It is said to be the name "Hayashi Rice" was given by Yuteki Hayashi, the founder of Maruzen company in 1869.
The restaurant we are going to introduce today is its traditional and the first place ever to serve the Hayashi Rice in Japan in Maruzen located at Nihonbashi area. It may be a good chance for you to visit this historical place if you ever had a chance to walk around Tokyo station during your stay. The restaurant has a long history very well known for its exceptional Hayashi Rice, but on the contrary, it is also very reasonably priced (most of the lunch menus are under 1,500 yen). The popular menu is Hayashi Omelette Rice 1,250 yen (the Omelette rice with traditional Hayashi Sauce) which comes with the fresh salad for your side dish. The traditional Hayashi sauce perfectly blended with the rice in Maruzen Café is absolutely phenomenal. You should try it by yourself!
・Total distance: 450m, 5 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Tokyo Station, Yaesu North Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 17
1. Let's start your way from JR Tokyo Station Yaesu North Exit （JR東京駅八重洲北口）.
2. When you come out from the Yaesu North Exit ticket gate, turn around and follow the arrow.
3. Go straight for about 50m and you will find a DAIMARU Department Store signboard.
4. Make a right turn in front of Daimaru and keep going straight (follow the arrow).
5. Go straight for about 40m until the end of this hallway.
6. Make a left turn.
7. In less than 30m, you will find crossing to your right.
8. Cross the street and walk straight in between the buildings.
9. Walk straight for about 200m until you reach the big main street.
10. When you reach the main street, make a left turn.
11. Walk straight for about 60m and you will find your destination to your left.
12. Cross the road and you will find the entrance of Maruzen to your left.
13. Go inside Maruzen.
14. Go straght and you will find an escalator to go upstairs.
15. Go to 3F.
16. When you reach 3F, make a left turn and you will find your destination to your right.
17. Enjoy your meal in Maruzen Cafe （マルゼンカフェ）!