Ultimate Dish: Shina Soba thicker soy sauce taste (支那そば 濃厚醤油味)
Restaurant: Kujiraken (くじら軒)
Kujiraken, located in Tokyo Station, somewhat reminds us of the flavor of the Showa times. It is a very simple traditional shoyu (soy sauce based) ramen that is very popular for the locals. The mildly prepared soup that contains dried sardines, pork and chicken bones, seaweed, and vegetables with the flavored oil has something inexplicable but unbelievably deep that it surprises you with every sip. The hardness of the noodles well blended with the soup and the chashu pork is a perfect al dente which you can feel the fine chewy texture. Enjoy the Shinasoba Noukou Shoyu flavor when you ever had a chance to come to Kujiraken in Tokyo Station!
Address: 2-1, Yaesu, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Tokyo Station Yaesu South Exit (underground shopping center)
Open Hour: Mon-Fri from 11:00 to 22:00, Sat-Sun from 11:00 to 21:00
[Lunch] ... 999 yen, [Dinner] - 999 yen
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 15 seats
・Total distance: 150m, 2mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Tokyo Station, Yaesu South Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 11
1. Let's start your way from JR Tokyo Station Yaesu South Exit （JR東京駅八重洲南口）.
2. This is the ticket gate of Yaesu South Exit. Now, turn around and follow the arrow.
3. Go outside from the door.
4. As soon as you came out from the door, make a left turn. You will find the stairs to go down.
5. Go downstairs.
6. Open the door and keep going straight.
7. As soon as you enter (the door behind you), you will soon find intersection ahead of you. Ignore the first intersection and keep walking straight.
8. When you reach the second intersection, make a right turn.
9. Walk straight this hallway for about 100m until you reach the end.
10. When you reach the end of this hallway (as you can see on the picture), you will find your destination to your left.
11. This is how Kujiraken (くじら軒) looks like. Enjoy you meal!