Restaurant: Kintame Daimaru
Recommendation : Ochazuke (rice with tea poured on it)
Address: 1-9-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Daimaru Tokyo 12F
Nearest Station: JR Tokyo Station Yaesu North exit
Open Hour: 11:00 to 23:00 (L.O.22:00)
Close: No fixed holiday
[Lunch] 1,000- yen 2,500 yen, [Dinner] 1,000- yen 2,500 yen
Credit Card: Possible (MASTER, JCB)
Seats: 30 seats
Kintame restaurant, known for its excellent Japanese pickles, was founded more than 130 years ago in Kyoto in Meiji era. As the reputation for the vegetables in Kyoto has historically been good, the market for the delicious Kyoto pickles (Kyo Tsukemono) using those fresh vegetables has also grown bigger in the past century.
The pickles in Kintame are very simple, fresh, and elegant. It leaves the essence of the fresh vegetables to make it not too strong in flavor, but modestly salty which makes the pickles taste slightly elegant. You may have those pickles simply with the white rice or pour some Japanese tea on the pickles on top of the rice to make the traditional "ochazuke". It is not only delicious but also very traditional which may give you a valuable food experience in Japan. Perhaps, if you are a vegetarian, this restaurant may also be a good choice.
・Total distance: 100m, 2mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Tokyo Station, Yaesu North Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Picrumb will guide you from JR Tokyo Station Yaesu North Exit today.
2. When you come out from the Yaesu North Exit ticket gate, turn around and follow the arrow.
3. Go straight for about 50m and you will find a DAIMARU Department Store signboard.
4. Go inside DAIMARU from this entrance.
5. Go straight until the end of this path.
6. Make a left turn at the end and you will find the elevator.
7. Take the elevator to go upstairs.
8. Press 12F.
9. After getting off from the elevator, the first thing you will see right in front is Kintame (近為).
Enjoy your meal!