Ultimate Dish : Iwanori Ramen (Seaweed Ramen)
Restaurant : Akanoren （赤のれん）
What makes Akanoren's ramen so special is not only how its unprocessed seaweed all over on top of the noodle looks impressive but also the outstanding taste of the perfect blend of the rich Hakata style (pork bone based) soup with tenderized chashu pork (which is also spot on) that goes quite well with the chewy noodles. In this ramen shop, you can choose hardness and thickness of the noodle by yourself when ordering a bowl. While enjoying the chewy texture of the noodle which was cooked just right, very springy and al dente, we were very satisfied that we made it hard and thin this time. If you are a fan of Hakata style ramen, it is impossible to not like Akanoren.
Phone : 03-3201-4775
Address : 2-4-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Marunouchi building 6F
Nearest Station : JR Tokyo Station Marunouchi South Entrance
Open Hour : Mon - Sat from 11:00 to 23:00 (LO22:30), Sun from 11:00 to 22:00 (LO21:30)
Close : N.A
Price : [Dinner] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen [Lunch] - 999 yen
Credit Card : N.A
Seats : 45 seats
・Total distance: 300m, 4mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Tokyo Station, Marunouchi South Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 17
1. We guide you from Marunouchi Minamiguchi (South Entrance) today. If you don't know where it is, feel free to ask anyone around you.
2. This is the ticket gate of Marunouchi South Entrance. Now, turn around and follow the arrow.
3. Go straight ahead to go outside.
4. When you go outside, you will see the intersection on your LEFT.
5. Go cross the street and make a RIGHT turn.
6. You will see a bus stop on your LEFT. Go straight ahead for about 15 meters and you will see the stairs on your RIGHT hand side to go underground.
7. Go downstairs from here.
8. Downstairs to the LEFT.
9. After turning left, you will see a vending machine on your LEFT. Pass this vending machine and follow the arrow for about 30 meters.
10. You will eventually find an entrance to Marunouchi Building ahead of you. Go inside.
11. When you go inside Marunouchi Building, you will be able to find a screen ahead of you. Make a Left turn and walk along the hallway.
12. You will find the elevator on your left in 30 meters.
13. Here on your left, you will be able to find the elevator. Press 6F.
14. After you get off at 6F, take the path next to the escalator.
15. Go straight until the end of this hallway and make a left turn.
16. After you make a left turn, you can already see the destination on your right in less than 40 meter.
17. Enjoy your meal at Akanoren (赤のれん)!