Nearest Station: JR Shinjuku Station East Entrance on foot 6 minutes
Open Hour: 16:00～23:30(L.O.23:00)(1F)
We recommend you to make reservation here in advance especially before 8PM. That's how popular this restaurant is in Shinjuku no matter how outdated it looks from outside. When you order, order "Sashimi" which is a raw flesh of chicken. Never had raw chickens before? Well, it has to be super fresh to serve customers such food and those chicken must be raised in the farm with special handlings. The taste of the chicken sashimi is just superb though. The recommendations for Yakitori are the "tsukune", "tebasaki" the chicken wing, and the "liver". Fresh chicken and vegetables boiled in special soup and served with dipping ponzu called "Mizutaki" is also very popular in Torigen. It won't let you down.
・Total distance: 300m, 4mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, East Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 10
1. Let's start your way from Shinjuku Station, East Entrance.
2. This is the East Entrance ticket gate. After you come out from the gate, follow the arrow.
3. You will find stairs on your left in less than 20 meters from the ticket gate. Go upstairs by following the arrow.
4. This is how Shinjuku East Entrance looks like from outside. Follow the arrow to the RIGHT.
5. If you see this picture on the way, you are on the right track. Keep walking straight until you see the intersection.
6. When you get to the intersection, cross the street and follow the arrow to the RIGHT.
After turning right, go straight for about 90m before you make a left turn.
7. If you see this picture on the way, you are on the right track. Keep walking straight. You will see ABC Mart to your left.
8. After you pass ABC Mart, make a left turn at the 1st street.
9. Walk straight for about 20m and you will find your destination to your right.
10. Enjoy your meal at 鳥源 (Torigen)!!