Restaurant: Tenhide (天秀)
Address: 7-12-21, Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Shinjuku Station West Exit
Open Hour: [Mon～Fri] 11:30 ～ 13:30 (LO 13:30)
Close: Every Sunday
Price Range: [Lunch] ￥1,000 ～￥1,999, [Dinner]￥6,000～￥7,999
Credit Card: (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, Diners)
Seats: 22 seats
If you are looking for the real tempura with outstanding crispy battered coating that makes the local gourmet patrons completely speechless, go ahead and take the good 8 minute walk to visit Tenhide. The delicious tempura brought directly from the Tsukiji fish market beautifully prepared on a dish has a stunning impression that amazes customers with every aspect. The Edo period way of making the exceptional tempura oil for their specially made tempura blended with sesami and salad oil is traditionally called "ou jime shibori" which brings the flavor of the deep fried even deeper. Once you taste their deep fried seafood with a bit of their special salt, you would realize there is something different compare to the ones you have eaten before in the past. The restaurant is a very quiet place where you will not hear any bustling sound of Shinjuku which makes an outstanding ambience of having the tempuras of the highest quality. The recommendation is the A set course which includes a seasonal appetizer, the fresh raw sashimi, 8 splendid pieces of deep fried, and a refreshing desert to finish your perfect meal.
・Total distance: 650m, 8 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, West Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
Picture Guide Information:
1. Facing Shinjuku West Entrance ticket gate, turn around and start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 20m and you will find the stairs to your right.
3. Go upstairs from here.
4. When you reach the above ground, walk straight for about 230m until you reach the big intersection.
6. Cross the street again and walk straight for about 100m.
5. When you reach the big intersection, cross the street and make a right turn.
7. When you reach the crossing, you will find a arrow street to your right.
8. Walk this narrow street for about 40m and you will find your destination right ahead.
9. Enjoy your meal at Tenhide (天秀)!