We hear from lot of people that Shinjuku Station is way too complicated to walk around. So here is the picture guide to help you reach West Exit from East Exit.
・Total distance: 350m, 4mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, East Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 13
1. Let's start your way from JR Shinjuku Station, East Exit.
Facing the West ticket gate, turn to right to start your way.
2. Walk straight for 30m and you will find stairs to go downstairs.
3. Here is the stairs.
4. Go downstairs and walk straight for 30m until you reach the hallway.
5. When you reach the hallway, make a left turn.
6. Walk straight for about 150m and you will find Marunouchi Line to your right.
7. Keep walking straight. Try to walk left side of this hallway.
8. When you reach Marunouchi Line, make a left turn.
9. After making a left turn, walk straight for 50m and you will find stairs to go upstairs.
10. Keep walking straight. Try to walk left side of this hallway.
11. You will find stairs to go upstairs.
12. After going upstairs, keep walking straight and you will find JR Shinjuku West Exit to your left in less than 30m.
13. Here is the JR Shinjuku West Exit.