Restaurant: Ramen Manrai (らあめん 満来)
Address: 1-4-10, Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Shinjuku Station West Exit
Open Hour: From 11:00AM to 11:00PM
Price Range: [Lunch]￥1,000～￥1,999, [Dinner] ～￥999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 15 seats (counter seats)
If you have never had exceptional shoyu based ramen that goes right into your throat, you must try Manrai's ramen because that is the most prominent of its kind around Shinjuku area among the locals. The standard ramen (950 yen) is a full of tasty chashu pork, bamboo shootings, and fresh green vegetables on top of the chicken bone based shoyu ramen. The noodles in Manrai are medium thin al dente prepared just the way we want them to be. Some of the customers say it's a bit pricey for the ramen, but given the heavy volume of the broth with thick chashu pork on top that seems almost overflowing, it may be rather cheaper to say at least. Since it is a famous ramen shop very well known by the locals, you may as well try their outstanding ramen for the first time especially when you are around Shinjuku area searching for the great ramen shops.
・Total distance: 350m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, East Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 13
Picture Guide Information:
1. Let's start your way from Shinjuku Station, East Entrance.
2. This is the East Entrance ticket gate. After you come out from the gate, follow the arrow.
3. You will find stairs to your left in less than 20 meters from the ticket gate. Go upstairs by following the arrow.
4. This is how Shinjuku East Entrance looks like from outside. Follow the arrow to the RIGHT.
5. If you see this picture on the way, you are on the right track. Keep walking straight until you find the intersection.
6. When you get to the intersection, you will also find a little street and a tunnel to your left. Make a left turn here.
7. Walk straight for about 80 meters until the end of this tunnel.
8. Make a right turn at the end of the tunnel.
9. Make a left turn at the first street.
10. Then walk straight for about 40 meters until you reach the intersection.
11. When you get to the intersection, cross the street and keep walking straight for another 140m. Then you will find your destination to your right.
12. Walk straight this street for 140m and you will find your destination to your right.
13. Enjoy your meal at Ramen Manrai (らあめん 満来)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!