Seats: 56 seats
Katsukura serves the highest quality tonkatsu (fried pork cutlets) in town. The tonkatsu in this restaurant is crispy outside, very tender and juicy inside. You can even hear the sound of its crisp once you taste it with the exceptional sauce mixed with the grinded sesame seeds. You can either try two kinds of sauce. The lighter sweet sauce or the dark, thicker sauce which are both delicious. They also serve the pickled vegetables, miso soup and freshly cooked rice along with the pork. The service and the quality of food are indeed excellent. The English menu is also available.
・Total distance: 230m, 4mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, South East Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 10
1. Let's start your way from Shinjuku Station, South East Entrance.
2. Facing Shinjuku South East Entrance, follow the arrow to the stairs BEHIND you.
3. Downstairs to the RIGHT.
4. After you come downstairs, turn RIGHT. The picture shows the landscape after turning to your right. There are 2 ways you can go, so take the street on your LEFT.
5. If you see this picture on the way, you are on the right track. Walk straight for about 150m and you will find the entrance of Takashimaya (a major department store) to your right.
6. Go inside Takashimaya when you find the entrance to your RIGHT.
7. Make a right turn as soon as you go inside the building. You will soon find the elevator to go upstairs.
8. It's at 14F.
9. After you get off at the 14F, walk straight this hallway for about 40m. You can already see your destination ahead of you.
10. Enjoy your meal at Katsukura (かつくら)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!