Open Hour: 11:40～22:00
Price: [Lunch] 1,000-1,999Yen, [Dinner] 2,000-2,999Yen
Funabashiya is also one of the most well known Tempura restaurants in Japan. Found even before Tsunahachi for over 100 years, you will know why and how it has survived the competition against
Tsunahachi, just a few steps from it.
If you had a chance to sit on the counter seats, watch closely how masters of Tempura deep fries and beautifully decorates dishes. Some may think Tempura is merely a fried food in Japan that may be categorized right next to French fries. But for Japanese, the Tempura dish is not just a fried food, but a form of art that also expresses the beauty of external appearance.
・Total distance: 280m, 3mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, South East Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 8
Picture Guide Information:
1. Let's start your way from Shinjuku Station, South East Entrance.
2. This is how Shinjuku South East Entrance looks like. Follow the arrow to the stairs BEHIND you.
3. Downstairs to the LEFT.
4. After you come downstairs, cross the street and make a LEFT turn by following the arrow.
Then walk straight for about 100m until you reach the crossing.
5. When you reach the crossing, cross the street and make a right turn.
Then keep walking straight for about 90m before you make a left turn.
6. You will find the 2nd street where you can make a left turn in front of the red building. Look for the same view on the picture.
7. After turning left, you can see the restaurant already at the corner.
8. Just walk this street for another few seconds and there you are on your LEFT. Enjoy your meal at 船橋屋 本店 (FUNABASHIYA HONTEN)!!