Marutama ramen 650 yen, known for its creamy white broth, is a delicious bowl of chicken bone based ramen accompanied with fresh green spring onion, sea lettuce, and a tasty slice of chashu on top of the noodles using the "hosomen" that are pleasantly thinner but harder enough to feel the great chewiness. It is very original, and every bit exciting. A bowl that has an alluring smell that gives you a good appetite, and best enjoyed with "kaedama" which is a refill for the noodles along with few delicious toppings. We have nothing but praises for the ramen here beautifully cooked with a remarkable depth of flavor. This is what you must not miss out on when you are in Ryogoku and it is one great choice to visit ramen houses instead of visiting Chanko restaurants too.
Restaurant: Marutama Ryougoku Honten (まる玉 両国本店)
Address: 2-11-1, Ryogoku, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Ryogoku Station
Open Hour: 11:30 - 14:30, 17:30 - 21:00 (finishes on a sellout)
Close: No fixed holiday
Price Range: [Lunch] ～￥999, [Dinner] ～￥999 [Lunch]
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 14 seats (10 counter seats, 4 tables)
・Total distance: 260m, 3 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ryogoku Station, West Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 8
1. Facing Ryogoku Station West Exit ticket gate, turn around to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 30m until you reach the intesection.
3. Cross the street and make a left turn.
4. Walk straight for about 20m and make a right turn at the 1st street.
5. Walk straight for about 10m and make a left turn.
6. Walk straight for about 150m until you reach the intersection.
7. When you reach the intersection, you will find your destination to your left.
8. Enjoy your meal at Marutama Ryougoku Honten (まる玉 両国本店)!