Kawasaki is perhaps one of the most famous Chanko restaurants in Tokyo that has been around for many decades and is a long standing favorite among local customers. For your information, Chanko is a stew like dish traditionally served to Sumo wrestlers. The restaurant is an old house that is not fancy at all, but is very Japanese style with a retro ambience of 80s inside that is conveniently located near JR Ryogoku station. Chanko course set is reasonably priced under 5000 yen which includes an appetizer, three types of grilled chicken, chicken salad, white meat with wasabi soy sauce, and the Sop Taki for the main dish. Sop Taki is the Chanko itself with chicken leg meat, liver, gizzard, cabbages, spring onions, tofu, carrots, burdocks, and radish inside that make the soup taste so brilliant. You can also add some soy sauce and spices to adjust the flavor, although the soup is already delicious enough after bringing out the flavor in the soup of the raw ingredients. It is one super healthy traditional dish in Kawasaki that has been elaborated in a long history of Japan which is quite sophisticated and so much thoughts put into every detail. When you are in Ryogoku for Sumo, make sure to meal traditional Chanko in Kawasaki.
Restaurant: Kawasaki (川﨑)
Address: 2-13-1, Ryogoku, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Ryogoku Station
Open Hour: From 17:00 - 21:00 (L.O)
Close: Sundays and holidays
Price Range: , [Dinner]￥6,000～￥7,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 50 seats
・Total distance: 150m, 3 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ryogoku Station, West Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 7
1. Facing Ryogoku Station West Exit ticket gate, turn around to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 30m until you reach the intesection.
3. Cross the street and make a left turn.
4. Walk straight for about 20m and make a right turn at the 1st street.
5. Walk straight for about 10m and make a left turn.
6. Walk straight for about 50m and you will find your destination to your left.
7. Enjoy your meal at Kawasaki (川﨑)!