Restaurant: Maruya Honten (まるや本店 名駅店)
Address: 1-2-1, Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi Meitetsu Department Store 9F
Nearest Station: Nagoya Station, In front of Silver Clock (Between Shinkansen North and South Entrance)
Open Hour: From 11:00 to 23:00 (L.O.22:00)
Close: No fixed holiday (Follows Meitetsu Department Store)
Price Range: [Lunch]￥2,000～￥2,999, [Dinner]￥2,000～￥2,999
Credit Card: (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, Diners)
Seats: 56 seats
We would have to say if you can be patient enough to wait for an hour to enter this restaurant for their exceptional grilled eel (hitsumabushi), we consider you as a real foodie. Maruya
Honten serves the excellent grilled eel that is worth to wait, but not more than an hour because we know there are other restaurants that serve exceptional grilled eel around Nagoya Station as
well. Though, it is definitely an excellent choice if you are looking for a delicious meal around this area.
Maruya's chefs have a perfect balance in grilling the eel that definitely requires high technique that they have fostered in the long history. Inside the fish is so tender and the outside pleasantly grilled with charcoal which you can feel its savory smell that would spur your appetite. The tasty sauce is doing a great job too bringing out the true taste of the eel. When you are having hitsumabushi, make sure to try 3 ways of having it. Go ahead and separate the bowl into 4 and try them by: 1. Plain, 2. add seasoning, 3. add seasoning and bouillon, and choose whatever you liked the most in above 3 for the last one. When you are in Nagoya Station looking to have a delicious grilled eel, Maruya Honten is the place to go.
・Total distance: 450m, 6 min （on foot）
・Starting Point : Nagoya Station, In front of Silver Clock (Between Shinkansen North and South Entrance)
・Steps to follow : 1 - 18
1. The Silver Clock is located in between Shinkansen North and South Entrance. If you are facing the North entrance, turn around and you will find the Silver Clock right away.
2. If you are facing the South entrance, turn around and you will find the Silver Clock right away.
3. Facing the Silver Clock, turn around and follow the arrow.
4. Walk straight for about 150m until you find the Golden Clock to your left.
5. When you find the Golden Clock to your left, keep walking straight.
6. After passing the Golden Clock, go exit from the door ahead of you. After you exit the door, make a right turn.
7. Walk straight for about 20m and you will find the stairs to go down.
8. Go downstairs from here.
9. After you reach downstairs, make a right turn.
10. Walk straight for about 70m until you reach Meitetsu Department Store.
11. Keep walking straight.
12. When you reach Meitetsu Department Store, make a right turn in front of the entrance door.
13. After passing the escalator to your left, make a left turn.
14. Walk straight for about 50m and you will find Meitetsu Information Center ahead of you.
15. Make a right turn at the Meitetsu Information Center.
16. Walk straight for about 10m and you will find an elevator to your left.
17. Go to 9F.
18. This is Maruya Honten (まるや本店 名駅店). Enjoy your meal!