Restaurant: Honke Daiichiasahi (本家 第一旭)
Address: 845, Higashishiokoujimukaihatacho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Open Hour: 5:00 - 2:00AM
Price: [Dinner] - 999 yen [Lunch] - 999 yen
Nearest Station: About 5-minute walk from Kyoto Station
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 31 seats
A traditional style ramen shop with taste like no other! Unlike typical Japanese style ramen shops using thick noodle and heavy, strong taste that we find in Tokyo, the ramen here is light although it is pork (and soy sauce) based, and still has the strong taste. If you like ramen and would like to try many styles of ramen, this is a place to make your visit!
This shop is open from 5:00AM, and starts to get crowded by 9:00AM.
・Total distance: 650m, 8 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Kyoto Station Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 10
Let's start your way from "JR Kyoto Station Central Gate (中央口)". It's at 1F, Kyoto Tower side.
1. Facing the Central Gate, turn around and follow the arrow.
2. You will see Kyoto Tower ahead of you. Follow the arrow to go outside the building.
3. Once you step outside and turn back, you will be able to see the big "JR Kyoto Station" signboard. Now facing this signboard, turn LEFT and start walking.
4. Go straight ahead for about 190m until you reach the end where you can find Kyoto Century Hotel.
5. When you reach in front of the hotel, turn RIGHT and walk until the end of the street.
6. Turn Left.
7. Walk straight ahead for about 130m.
8. Turn Left to go up a hill.
9. Go straight ahead along the street for about 60m and you will find Daiichi Asahi ramen shop on your LEFT.
10. Enjoy your meal at Honke Daiichiasahi (本家 第一旭)!
You may see many people queuing but you'll know why.