Restaurant: Marumochiya まるもち家
Address: 26-3, Fukakusa Ichinotsubocho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Nearest Station: Inari Station
Open Hour: 10:00 to 17:00
[Lunch] 0- 999 yen, [Dinner] 0- 999 yen [Lunch]
Credit Card: N.A
Here is the cutest Japanese sweets known for its "marumochi" made of strained sweet red beans inside wrapped roundly with the crunchy outside mochi layer that has an excellent soft chewy texture. The flavor is not overly sugary but rather pleasantly sweet which is a kind of food that you can keep eating almost unconsciously until you realize there is no more left in the bag. The cute round sweets from Marumochi is always popular for the souvenir and also for the light snack after the visit to the Fushimi Inari shrine. It is absolutely delicious.
・Total distance: 230m, 3 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Inari Station Main Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 6
Let's start your way from Inari Station Main Exit.
1. When you come out from the station, make a left turn to start your way.
2. Make sure to see an entrance to Fushimi Inari Shrine to your right.
3. Walk straight for about 110m. You will make a left turn at the 1st street.
4. Make a left turn at the 1st street.
5. Walk straight for about 130m (pass the bridge) and you will find your destination to your right.
6. Enjoy the Japanese sweets at Marumochiya (まるもち家)!