Restaurant: Kendonya けんどん屋
Address: 41, Fukakusa Ichinotsubocho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto pearl apartment house Ina re-1F
Nearest Station: Inari Station
Open Hour: 11:00 - 15:00, 17:00 - 20:30
Close: Wednesday, 1 random day in every 1 month
[Lunch] 0- 999 yen, [Dinner] 0- 999 yen [Lunch]
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 25 seats
If you ever had a chance to visit Kendonya, make sure to have their udon. The udon noodles in Kendonya is famous for its excellent chewy texture called "koshi" which needs a very high technique for making one. The perfect al dente with the soup called "dashi jiru", that is quite difficult to make, will also surprises you with every sip. It is a typical Kyoto style udon that is relatively light, but has a very deep flavor that is sophisticated in every detail. The staffs are also very energetic and lively in a friendly manner to all customers. The restaurant is located little bit far away from the shrine (about five minutes walk), but it is definitely worth to visit.
・Total distance: 350m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Inari Station Main Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 8
Let's start your way from Inari Station Main Exit.
1. When you come out from the station, make a left turn to start your way.
2. Make sure to see an entrance to Fushimi Inari Shrine to your right.
3. Walk straight for about 110m. You will make a left turn at the 1st street.
4. Make a left turn at the 1st street.
5. Walk straight for about 230m until the end of this street.
You will pass the bridge, Fushimi Inari Station, and the railroad respectively.
6. When you reach the end of this street, cross the road and make a left turn.
7. After making a left turn, you can already find the restaurant to your right.
8. Enjoy your meal at Kendonya (けんどん屋)!