Restaurant: Hougyokudou 宝玉堂（ほうぎょくどう）
Address: 27, Fukakusa Ichinotsubocho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Nearest Station: Inari Station
Open Hour: 7:30 to 19:00
[Lunch] 0- 999 yen, [Dinner] 0- 999 yen [Lunch]
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: N.A (takeout only)
Hougyokudou was founded over few decades ago in Showa times and it is well known for the rice cracker with the face of a fox, so-called Inari Senbei. Fox is a symbol of Fushimi Inari Shrine which is said to be an errand of the god of Inari (Oinari san) as you can find few statues of them at the shrine.
Not only how they illustrates the face of a fox in an unique way, the rice cracker also tastes superb with a little bit of white miso (lightly sweet) pasted outside with a savory smell of the roasted sesames on top of it. You can actually see the artisans roasting those tasty "senbeis" in front of you too. It is certainly one of the most popular souvenirs for the visitors in Fushimi Inari Shrine with a little bit of a story behind.
・Total distance: 240m, 3 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Inari Station Main Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 6
Let's start your way from Inari Station Main Exit.
1. When you come out from the station, make a left turn to start your way.
2. Make sure to see an entrance to Fushimi Inari Shrine to your right.
3. Walk straight for about 110m. You will make a left turn at the 1st street.
4. Make a left turn at the 1st street.
5. Walk straight for about 130m (pass the bridge) and you will find your destination to your left.
6. Enjoy the Japanese sweets at Hougyokudou (宝玉堂)!