A Tonkatsu (deep fried breaded Pork) restaurant, operating over 50 years in Harajuku, known to be Eric Clapton's favorite restaurant in Japan. When he has tour in Japan, he always comes to this
restaurant and orders Chiken-katsu (deep fried breaded Chicken).
Tonkatsu was nominated in top 10 Japanese food by the visitors to Japan, according to a survey carried out in 2010. Considering the number of people who would have tried Tonkatsu, it's ranking is quite high. Have a try!
・Total distance: 500 m, 6 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Harajuku Station, Takeshita Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 6
1. We guide you from Harajuku Station Takeshita-guchi today. This is the most famous street in Harajuku. There's another exit going upstairs called Omotosando Exit, so be careful.
If you went out of the wrong exit, ask someone to take you to the Takeshita-dori. Everyone would know where it is.
2. This is the famous Takeshita-dori entrance. We are sure this street will be much more crowded than the picture here, but as this is the simplest way to get to Fukuyoshi, step in and go STRAIGHT down to the end of the street.
3. Coming to the end of Takeshitadori, you'll see this intersection. Go STRAIGHT into the alley in between the buildings in front of you and walk for 30-40 meters.
4. Just 30-40 meters into the street, take the first RIGHT, yet into the back alley of Harajuku.
5. 40 meters into this alley, you will find Fukuyoshi on your LEFT!
6. This is the entrance of the restaurant Fukuyoshi. Enjoy your meal!