Restaurant: Owada Ginza Corridor-ten (大和田 銀座コリドー店)
Address: 7-2, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo point Ginza corridor 1F
Nearest Station: Tokyo Metro Ginza Station (Ginza Line, Hibiya Line, Marunouchi Line), Exit C2
Open Hour: [Mon-Sat] 11:00～14:30 (L.O 14:00), 17:00～23:00 (L.O 22:00)
Close: Sundays and holidays
Price Range: [Lunch]￥1,000～￥1,999, [Dinner]￥6,000～￥7,999
Credit Card: (JCB, AMEX)
Seats: 48 seats
Owada is one of the longest established restaurants in Ginza, founded more than 100 years ago, well known for its supreme broiled eel served over rice in a lacquered box, so called Unaju. The mind blowing flavor of the fresh eel is as tender as the fatty meat of tuna that almost melt in your mouth while the moderately sweeter secret sauce in Owada that spreads in your mouth mix perfectly well with the eel and its freshly cooked white rice. Unaju is one of the simplest yet most profound cuisines in Japan which has no other things to improve the bowl in between the broiled eel and rice. In other words, the quality of the eel makes almost everything about whether the bowl is good or bad which leads directly to its customer satisfaction. Though, you would understand why Owada has been so popular for more than 100 years in serving the best Unaju around Ginza area. The refined techniques to broil the best eels that they had cultivated over the long years is absolutely a top-notch. The set courses may seem pricey a bit, but given how tasty and delicious the exceptional eels are in Owada, you would not regret paying that much.
・Total distance: 350m, 4 min （on foot）
・Starting Point : Tokyo Metro Ginza Station (Ginza Line, Hibiya Line, Marunouchi Line), Exit C2
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Let's start your way from Ginza Station Exit C2.
2. When you reach upstairs, turn around and walk straight for 15m. Then make a left turn at the 1st street.
3. After making a left turn, walk straight for 100m until you reach the crossing.
4. When reach the 1st crossing, keep walking straight for another 100m until you reach the 2nd crossing.
5. When you reach the 2nd crossing, cross the street and make a right turn.
6. Walk straight for 70m until the end of this street.
7. You will pass 7 Eleven and Starbucks to your left.
8. When you reach the end of this street, cross the street and make a right turn. You will find your destination right ahead.
9. This is Owada Ginza Corridor-ten (大和田 銀座コリドー店). Enjoy your meal!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!