Restaurant: Ginza Amakusa Honten (銀座 あまくさ 総本店)
Address: 3F Yoitaya Bld, 5-4-5, Ginza Chuoku Tokyo
Nearest Station: Ginza Station Underground Exit C4
Open Hour: Mon - Sat 5:30PM-11:30PM
Close: Sundays and New Years Dec 30 - Jan 4
Price Range: [Dinner]￥6,000～￥8,000
Credit Card: （VISA、MASTER、AMEX、JCB、Diners）
Seats: 90 seats
Amakusa, located in the heart of Ginza, serves the best authentic Japanese food from Kumamoto prefecture. The amazing quality of the food is incommensurable and the staffs that serve with the first class service to all customers in this restaurant makes its "already high quality" even higher. You would realize at the appetizer, where you will meet their outstanding salad dressing that makes you completely speechless, how perfectly balanced the ingredients for the dressing they select to mix while keeping such freshness of the vegetables. We loved the tomato sherbet in this salad with a bit of salt on top that was quite creative too. Then the rare precious parts of the branded raw chicken meat from Kumamoto prefecture placed on the beautiful long wooden board served with their special made soy sauce with wasabi, the pork meat grilled on the iron plate served with both miso paste and ponzu sauce mixed with grated daikon, and the most popular menu in this restaurant which is the unthickened stew of chicken called "shirataki", leaves everyone at the table nothing but the great big smile. We also liked the good use of the lightings at the table that makes the stylish well-coordinated ambience, and of course, the staffs that give you full support to make your night unforgettable. Amakusa is a very popular restaurant that always makes the locals happy. We would recommend you to make reservation before you go.
・Total distance: 200m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Ginza Station, Exit C4 Underground
・Steps to follow : 1 - 11
1. Here is the map of the underground in Ginza. You can check where the C4 Exit is at the red circle.
2. Here is the C4 Exit.
3. Go upstairs from C4 Exit.
4. Make a left turn when you reach the ground. You will find a big crossing ahead of you.
5. Make a right turn to cross the street (walk toward SONY building).
6. Walk toward SONY building. Then make a left turn after crossing the street.
7. Walk straight for about 50m and make a right turn at the 2nd street.
8. Make a right turn at the 2nd street.
9. Walk straight for about 50m and you will find your destination to your right.
10. Take the elevator to 3F.
11. Enjoy the best Izakaya in Amakusa (あまくさ)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!