Restaurant: Genrokuzushi 元禄寿司
Address: 1-6-9, Dotonbori, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka
Nearest Station: Midosuji Subway Line Namba Station Exit 14
Open Hour: 11:00 - 22:30
[Lunch] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen, [Dinner] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen
Credit Card: JCB, AMEX
Seats: 35 seats
The conveyer belt sushi, so called kaiten sushi that is currently very well known worldwide, was first invented by Genrokuzushi more than 50 years ago by getting a hint from the beer factory where it was using the conveyer belt. The owner wanted to serve sushi for everbody while sushi was very expensive at that time which used to be only for wealthy people. So he put the expensive sushi on the conveyer belt just like putting cheap beer bottles on it to make it look familiar and reasonable for everybody.
・Total distance: 270m, 3 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : Midosuji Line Namba Station Exit #14 (御堂筋線なんば駅１4番出口).
・Steps to follow : 1 - 5
Let's start your way from Midosuji Line Namba Station Exit #14.
1. Facing Midosuji Line Namba Station Exit #14, go pass the exit on your left and follow the arrow.
2. Go straight ahead for about 80m until you find the 2nd street to the right.
3. Make a right turn at the 2nd street.
4. Go straight ahead for about 170m. You will find your destination to your left.
5. Enjoy your meal at Genrokuzushi (元禄寿司)!