What makes Tonkatsu Manpei, a small restaurant in a hidden street with only 16 seats, so famous must be their signature dish that is only available from usually November to late March. The
deep fried fresh oyster with butter, so called Kaki no butter yaki (1750 yen), is a simple yet one of the most profound cuisines by the chef that needs proficient technique for the preparation.
In this restaurant, the oysters are pleasantly bigger enough to outstrip the strong flavor of the batter coating and that you will feel the freshness of the delicious raw material spreading
in your mouth by leaving you completely speechless. You would probably find many people ordering the same menu with the look of amazement at the end thinking how tasty and delicious the
pieces of oyster are in Manpei. On the other hand, the standard pork cutlets so called Rosu Katsu (1600 yen) they serve throughout the year are also outstanding which you would feel no
regret for coming here, even when the oysters are out of season.
Restaurant: Tonkatsu Manpei (とんかつ 万平)
Address: 1-11, Kanda Sudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Akihabara Station
Open Hour: [Monday - Friday] 11:30 - 14:00 and 17:30 - 19:00, [Sat] 11:30 - 14:00
Close: Sundays and holidays (only lunch is open on Saturday)
Price Range: [Lunch]￥1,000～￥1,999, [Dinner]￥1,000～￥1,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 16 seats
・Total distance: 550m, 7 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Akihabara Station, Akihabara Electric Town Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 13
1. Facing Akihabara Electric Town Entrance, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 10m to go outside and make a left turn.
3. Walk straight for about 130m until your reach the crossroad.
4. Cross the street and make a left turn.
5. Walk straight for about 350m and make a right turn after crossing the bridge.
6. You will find a crossing. Keep walking straight.
7. Here is the bridge. Keep walking straight.
8. Make a right turn in front of the gas station.
9. Walk straight for about 50m until you reach the intersection.
10. Cross the street and keep walking straight for another 50m.
You will make a right turn.
11. Make a right turn at the Indian curry restaurant.
12. Walk straight for about 15m and you will find your destination to your right.
13. Enjoy your meal at Tonkatsu Manpei (とんかつ 万平)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!