Nemurian is a kind of restaurant you would not bother to walk around and search unless you are super local about the area around Akihabara. It is, in fact, located at a narrow hidden street
where foreigners would never stumble upon, but the food here, whether you are hungry or not, is absolutely breathtaking. The place is not touristy at all and may seem a little bit too local
from outside where you may even hold an impression of exclusiveness in front of the entrance, but once you go inside and have few relishes, you may probably feel the place as cozy as your
favorite bar. In the long run, the delicious Japanese sake in Nemurian goes quite well with the food and the ambience. They have variety of dishes that are very sophisticated and
pleasantly original such as wasabi miso, boiled tofu, squid, and more, but the focus in Nemurian must be their top quality buckwheat noodles (mori soba 840 yen, 2 different types of soba 1160
yen). The soba here is in fact the most popular menu that is almost inevitable to order in this restaurant. The noodles are profound and plain as closer to as raw that has a great chewy
texture of “koshi”. The perfect tsuyu sauce in this restaurant, on the other hand, blends perfectly with the noodles and brings out the flavor of its raw ingredients which leaves customers
completely speechless. When you are looking to have a plain but a profound local dinner in Akihabara, make sure to meal here.
Restaurant: Nemurian (眠庵)
Address: 1-16-4, Kanda Sudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Akihabara Station
Open Hour: [Monday - Saturday] 18:00 - 21:30
Close: Sundays and holidays
Price Range: [Lunch]￥1,000～￥1,999, [Dinner]￥3,000～￥3,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 14 seatsSeats: 16 seats
・Total distance: 500m, 6 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Akihabara Station, Akihabara Electric Town Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 11
1. Facing Akihabara Electric Town Entrance, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 10m to go outside and make a left turn.
3. Walk straight for about 130m until your reach the crossroad.
4. When you reach the crossing, do not cross the street, but make a left turn.
5. Walk straight for about 300m.
You will also pass the bridge.
6. Pass the bridge.
7. Keep walking straight until you reach the intersection.
8. When you reach the big intersection, cross the street and take the narrow street to your left.
9. Walk straight for about 20m and you will find your destination to your right.
10. Don:t miss the narrow entrance to your destination.
11. Enjoy your meal at Nemurian (眠庵)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!