When you are looking for great Tonkatsu (pork cutlets) restaurant in Akihabara, there is one called Marugo in a short distance. The tonkatsu in this restaurant is phenomenal, which is well known for its outstanding tenderness of the exceptional juicy meat coated by the high quality crispy batter that has long been making customers supremely impressed. The degree of perfection of the deep fried in Marugo is extremely high and once you have tried one of their top quality pork cutlets, you will never see pork cutlets the same way again.
Among many tempting choices on the menu, the Hirekatsu (pork filet cutlet) 2100 yen is exceptionally good by simply sprinkling over a pinch of rock salt and a refreshing lemon to add a flavor. Also ask their impeccable wait staff for the rice and soup (450 yen) which can be added upon request.
You might have to wait for few minutes to get seated but definitely pays off once you taste their exceptional meat. We will also find ourselves returning to this amazing restaurant for a meal or two.
Restaurant: Marugo (丸五)
Address: 1-8-14, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Akihabara Station
Open Hour: 11:30 - 15:00 (L.O 14:50), 17:00 - 21:00 (L.O 20:20)
Close: Monday and third week of Tuesday
Price Range: [Lunch]￥2,000～￥2,999, [Dinner]￥2,000～￥2,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 30 seats
・Total distance: 350m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Akihabara Station, Akihabara Electric Town Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 8
1. Facing Akihabara Electric Town Entrance, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 10m to go outside and make a left turn.
3. Walk straight for about 130m until your reach the crossroad.
4. Cross the street and keep walking straight.
5. Walk straight for about 140m and make a right turn at the 3rd street.
6. Make a right turn.
7. Walk straight for about 40m and you will find your destination to your right.
8. Enjoy your meal at Marugo (丸五)!