Yabu Soba was founded in 1880. The antiquated building that stands quietly in the middle of private houses is a very local Japanese style where you will find a beautiful scenery of the garden at the entrance that will make a good picture. Having marvelous soba in a perfect atmosphere already sounds worthy enough for coming here but it is no joke at all. The Seiro soba (700 yen) here, with a great chewy texture called "koshi", has an outstanding flavor of the noodles that wows customers with every strand. Many locals come here to have a serious soba, and it is probably why standards are raised and kept so high, as if it is almost unattainable. Dipping those perfect al dente into the tasty tsuyu sauce that best enjoyed with Tendane (1400 yen) was a life changing to say at least, we never knew such simple buckwheat noodles with Kakiage (mixed vegetable and seafood tempura) could blow our minds that way. The soba that has a remarkable depth of flavor in Yabu Soba restaurant with a long history, is definitely worth to stop by if you ever had a chance to visit Akihabara.
Restaurant: Kanda Yabusoba (かんだやぶそば)
Address: 2-10, Kanda Awajicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Akihabara Station
Open Hour: From 11:30 to 21:00 (L.O.20:30)
Price Range: [Lunch]￥1,000～￥1,999, [Dinner]￥3,000～￥3,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 97 seats (1F: 77 seats, 2F: 20 seats)
・Total distance: 600m, 7 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Akihabara Station, Akihabara Electric Town Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 14
1. Facing Akihabara Electric Town Entrance, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 10m to go outside and make a left turn.
3. Walk straight for about 130m until your reach the crossroad.
4. Cross the street and make a left turn.
5. Walk straight for about 350m and make a right turn after crossing the bridge.
6. You will find a crossing. Keep walking straight.
7. Here is the bridge. Keep walking straight.
8. Make a right turn in front of the gas station.
9. Walk straight for about 50m until you reach the intersection.
10. Cross the street and keep walking straight for another 50m.
You will make a right turn.
11. Make a right turn at the Indian curry restaurant.
12. Walk straight for about 90m and you will find your destination to your right.
13. Make a right turn and you will find an entrance to this restaurant.
14. Enjoy your meal at Kanda Yabusoba (かんだやぶそば)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested! Make reservation and win the coupon to get their "Today's Recommended Dish" for free!