Another beautiful Japanese style restaurant that is worth to check out is Kanda Matsuya founded in Meiji era more than 130 years ago specializing in buckwheat noodles. It is in fact a longstanding favorite among its many local customers.
When you get a seat in this restaurant, you may as well order the standard dish called Mori Soba (650 yen) that comes with the moderately thinner al dente noodles to dip 2 or 3 strands into the delicious soup. The soup is very intense flavored with a splendid "dashi" (soup stock) which has a strong punch in it. The best way to have soba here is to simply taste the buckwheat itself by dipping it into the plain soup first, and then later on, you can put some of the wild plants and spring onions to add the flavor to the soup. When you smell and taste the plain buckwheat noodles, you will understand how refined the soba here is prepared in a most sophisticated form. Enjoy the real soba in Kanda Matsuya!
Restaurant: Kanda Matsuya (神田まつや)
Address: 1-13, Kanda Sudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Akihabara Station
Open Hour: [Mon - Fri] 11:00 - 20:00, Sat and Holidays 11:00 19:00
Price Range: [Lunch]￥1,000～￥1,999, [Dinner]￥1,000～￥1,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 66 seats
・Total distance: 600m, 7 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Akihabara Station, Akihabara Electric Town Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 11
1. Facing Akihabara Electric Town Entrance, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 10m to go outside and make a left turn.
3. Walk straight for about 130m until your reach the crossroad.
4. Cross the street and make a left turn.
5. Walk straight for about 350m and make a right turn after crossing the bridge.
6. You will find a crossing. Keep walking straight.
7. Here is the bridge. Keep walking straight.
8. Make a right turn in front of the gas station.
9. Walk straight for about 50m until you reach the intersection.
10. Cross the street and keep walking straight for another 90m and you will find your destination to your right.
11. Enjoy your meal at Kanda Matsuya (神田まつや)!