One of the best places to have Khao Mangai, also known as chicken rice, is Khao Mangai Sompong located at MRT Khlong Toei Station. Their chicken rice is limited to certain amount a day or would be sold out if you come too late, so for those who successfully had Khao Mangai in Sompong are quite fortunate we would say. So what makes people so addicted to this chicken rice? The freshness of the chicken? The perfect chewy texture of the meat after they boil it? Or perhaps the tasty chicken flavored rice which you can enjoy with the meat by putting the delicious sauce that is pleasantly spicy? Probably all of the above mentioned are making the locals pretty crazy about their Khao Mangai. We had their chicken as well the other day and also supremely impressed. It is simple, yet very sophisticated dish with the high quality meat, the rice, and the sauce which indeed make the perfect harmony in the mouth. We would absolutely go back again to Khao Mangai Sompong in the future for a meal or two.
Restaurant: Khao Mangai Sompong
Must Have: Khao Mangai （Chicken Rice）
Address: Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110
Phone: +66 87 567 0990
Nearest Station: 10：00 -17:00
Open Hours: MRT Khlong Toei Station
Price Range: $5 - $15
Total distance: 290m, 3min on foot
Starting Point: MRT Khlong Toei Station(Follow Exit 1 and 2)
Steps to follow: 1 - 8
1. Facing MRT Khlong Toei Station ticket gate, turn around to start your way.
2. Follow the Exit 1 and 2. Take the escalator ahead of you.
3. After getting off from the escalator, make a right turn. Walk straight for about 20m until the end of the hallway.
Then make a right turn and take the escalator again.
4. After getting off from the escalator, turn to right by following the arrows.
5. Walk straight for about 290m.
Make sure the train station is on your right hand side.
6. When you find the convenient store to your right, you are almost there.
7. You will find your destination to your right.
8. Enjoy your meal at Khao Mangai Sompong!