When you are here, eat this! : Gae Phad Krapraow
Address: 250 Sukhumvit Road Bangkok Thailand
Phone: 66 (0) 2649 8366
Dress Code: Smart casual
Nearest Station: Asok BTS Station
Open Hours: 11:30 - 14:30, lunch and 18:30 - 22:30, dinner, and Sunday Jazzy Brunch: 12.00-15.00 hours
Price: $20 - $100
Stir fried Australian lamb with chilli, garlic and hot basil.
Basil is a very high standard restaurant that has dress code located at 1F of Sheraton hotel. Inside is very spacious and it has a great lighting effect which might make you want to have a glass of wine before the main comes. The recommendation in this restaurant is gae phad krapraow (a stir fried Australian lamb with chilli, garlic and hot basil) for the main menu and perhaps goong sarong (a deep fried marinated tiger prawn wrapped in egg noodle net) for your appetizer. Prices are slightly steeper than the usual restaurants from 550 THB for gae phad krapraow to 380 THB for a goong sarong, but what you get in return is exceptional without doubt.
Total distance: 190m, 2 mins （on foot）
Starting Point: Asok BTS Station (Follow Exit 2&5)
Steps to follow: 1 - 7
1. Facing the ticket gate, turn around and follow the arrow.
2. Make a left turn to follow Exit 2 and 5.
3. Go downstairs.
4. After you come downstairs, follow the arrow.
5. Walk straight for about 150m, you will reach Sheraton Hotel on your left.
6. Go inside Sheraton Hotel and make your way to 1F.
7. You will soon find Basil. Enjoy your meal!