Another place that is worth checking out at Ikebukuro is Hanada, which has long been a very popular spot with locals and foreigners who live in Tokyo. If you are a fan of miso based ramen, it is impossible not to like Hanada's ramen. The soup is made of high salt miso which is not spicy but rather sweeter in an unique way. The special yellow noodles inside are thick enough to feel the chewiness and for the toppings you will find the whole fresh vegetables with a slice of tasty chashu pork right next to them that all blend well with its dense miso based soup. It is so good that you might get caught in a situation to decide on whether you should do a second bowl. You must not leave Hanada without trying its miso based ramen (790 Yen).
Restaurant: Hanada Ikebukuro Ten (花田 池袋店)
Recommendation: Miso Ramen (790 Yen)
Address: 1-23-8, Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, Higashi Ikebukuro ISK Building
Nearest Station: JR Ikebukuro Station 5 minute walk from East Exit
Open Hour: [Mon - Sat] from 11:00 - 23:00
Close: Year-end and New Year holidays
Price Range: [Lunch] - 999 yen, [Dinner] - 999 yen
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 15 seats (15 counter seats)
Picture Guide to the Restaurant
・Total distance: 400m, 5 mins （on
・Starting Point : JR Ikebukuro Station, Central Gate 1
・Steps to follow : 1 - 17
1. Facing Central Gate 1 at JR Ikebukuro Station, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 80m and you will find the Coin Locker to your left.
3. Make a left turn after you pass the Coin Locker. You will also find a clock ahead of you.
4. Walk straight for about 20m and you will find CHERRY ROAD ahead of you.
5. Walk straight this CHERRY ROAD for about 50m and you will find the stairs to the EAST EXIT to your right.
6. Go upstairs to the EAST EXIT.
7. Facing back the stairs, here is the signboard that says EAST EXIT.
Turn around to go outside.
8. Go outside and you will find crossings ahead of you.
9. Cross the 1st and 2nd street and make a right turn.
10. After making a right turn, walk along the street for about 20m and make a left turn.
11. Walk straight for about 100m until you reach the crossing.
12. When you reach the crossing, cross the street.
Then walk along the left side of this building ahead of you.
13. Walk straight for about 120m. You will make a right turn at the 2nd street from here.
14. Make a right turn at the 2nd street.
15. Walk straight for about 60m and make a left turn.
16. Walk straight for about 15m and you will find your destination to your right.
17. Enjoy your meal at Hanada Ikebukuro Ten (花田 池袋店)!
｜Kyoto Station｜Shijo｜Fushimi Inari｜ ｜Bangkok｜バンコク｜Hong Kong｜ ｜The vending machines in Japan｜Sushi in Season｜Best Yokocho in Tokyo｜