One of the very unique ramen shops around Ikebukuro that only has 5 counter seats available inside. After you pass those bizarre ornament of bones hanging on the wall at the entrance and get seated, you will find a note on a wall that says "you are not allowed to use your cell phones while eating!" The Red Devil Ramen, so called Aka Akuma, is a one spicy broth of ramen made of medium thin straight al dente that shines in the delicious salt based soup. A few slices of juicy chashu pork on top of the noodles are unbelievably tasty and tender which almost melt in your mouth and they surely match perfectly with its soup. Every bite in Ganko is really pleasure to remember. They often do special menus using different ingredients which is one of the reasons why people love the place and the owner's playful mind, with price ranging from approximately 700 - 1000 yen which is very reasonable for the quality.
Restaurant: Ganko Souhonke (がんこ総本家)
Recommendation: Aka Akuma (赤悪魔) - 850 Yen
Address: 1-13-12, Higashiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: 8 minute walk from Ikebukuro Station East Exit
Open Hour: [Mon - Sat] 11:30-15:00, 18:00-22:00
Price Range: [Lunch] - 999 yen, [Dinner] - 999 yen
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 5 seats (counter seats)
Picture Guide to the Restaurant
・Total distance: 400m, 5 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ikebukuro Station, Central Gate 1
・Steps to follow : 1 - 16
1. Facing Central Gate 1 at JR Ikebukuro Station, turn to left to start your way.
2. Walk straight for about 80m and you will find the Coin Locker to your left.
3. Make a left turn after you pass the Coin Locker. You will also find a clock ahead of you.
4. Walk straight for about 20m and you will find CHERRY ROAD ahead of you.
5. Walk straight this CHERRY ROAD for about 50m and you will find the stairs to the EAST EXIT to your right.
6. Go upstairs to the EAST EXIT.
7. Facing back the stairs, here is the signboard that says EAST EXIT.
Turn around to go outside.
8. Go outside and you will find crossings ahead of you.
9. Cross the 1st and 2nd street and make a right turn.
10. After making a right turn, walk along the street for about 20m and make a left turn.
11. Walk straight for about 100m until you reach the crossing.
12. When you reach the crossing, cross the street.
Then walk along the left side of this building ahead of you.
13. Walk straight for about 120m. You will make a right turn at the 2nd street from here.
14. Make a right turn at the 2nd street.
15. Walk straight for about 60m and you will find your destination to your right.
16. Enjoy your meal at Ganko Souhonke (がんこ総本家)!
｜Kyoto Station｜Shijo｜Fushimi Inari｜ ｜Bangkok｜バンコク｜Hong Kong｜ ｜The vending machines in Japan｜Sushi in Season｜Best Yokocho in Tokyo｜