Restaurant: Kyomachi Koishigure Shinjuku (京町恋しぐれ 新宿)
Address: 3-27-10, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Musashino Building 6F
Nearest Station: JR Shinjuku Station
Open Hour: [Tue-Sat, a day before holiday] 5:00PM - 4:00AM (L.O.3:30AM),
[Sun, Mon] 5:00PM - 11:00PM (L.O.10:30PM)
Price Range: [Dinner]￥4,000～￥4,999
Credit Card: (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, Diners)
Seats: 342 seats
Kyomachi Koishigure is one of the rare restaurants in Japan where you can experience the real traditional scene of the old town of Kyoto, so called Kyomachi. The fantastic red lanterns and the wooden Gojo bridge between the green bamboo trees that were set in the center of the floor welcoming you at the entrance are absolutely beautiful and fascinating which makes you want to walk around for a while and take photos. The food in Kyomachi Koishigure, on the other hand, are mostly very healthy lightly flavored Kyoto style and they are indeed surprisingly delicious. The recommendations here are Sushi (salmon, salmon roe, sea urchin, tuna), Five types of sashimi, Bagna Cauda with fresh vegetables from Kyoto, Beef sinew in miso stew served with garlic toast, Kyoto style pickles, eel with cooked white rice in hot green tea, and perhaps varieties of Matcha (green tea) dessert to finish your perfect meal. The impeccable staffs that are very polite and well trained would also add satisfaction to your precious moment in Japan. The restaurant that is creating an astonishing ambience of the traditional Kyoto with splendid Japanese food always make your friends and families on your table happy with full of surprises. When you are visiting Shinjuku, make sure to meal here.
・Total distance: 170m, 2 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, East Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 12
1. Let's start your way from Shinjuku Station, East Entrance.
2. This is the East Entrance ticket gate. After you come out from the gate, follow the arrow.
3. You will find stairs to your left in less than 20 meters from the ticket gate. Go upstairs by following the arrow.
4. This is how Shinjuku East Entrance looks from outside. Follow the arrow to the RIGHT (next to the police station).
5. Go straight ahead for about 80 meters until you find crossing to your left.
6. After you find crossing to your left, make a left turn.
7. Cross the street.
8. Make a left turn at the end of the crossing.
9. Walk straight for 5m and make a right turn.
10. Walk straight for 20m and you will find an entrace to your right.
11. Go inside from here. Once you go inside, make a left turn and you will find an elevator.
12. Press 6F.