Manpuku offers one of the best fried oysters around Ueno station that attracts customers incessantly even when the restaurant is located at a small hidden street where you would never stumble upon unless somebody recommends it to you and give you a direction to specifically look out for it. Though, once you successfully find this restaurant, we would recommend you to order their exceptional fried oysters by putting their special sauce on top which makes those crispy deep fried oysters even tasty. The size of the oysters are also larger enough to leave everyone happy and the fried eggs that come with them actually do great job emphasizing the deeper taste of those oysters. If you like fried oyster, which is a kind of food that is commonly eaten in Japan, or never have tried it before, give youself a try! They are absolutely delicious and the quality of the oyster in Manpuku is a top notch without a doubt. The fresh fried oyster set, so called Kaki fry set, is affordably priced at 1100 yen which is really a shocking price for such a higher quality of meal.
Restaurant: Manpuku (まんぷく)
Address: Ueno, Taitou-ku, Tokyo 4-1-5
Nearest Station: JR Ueno Station
Open Hour: From 11:00 to 18:00
Close: On Wednesday
Price Range: [Lunch] ～￥999, [Dinner]￥1,000～￥1,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 8 seats (counter seat)
・Total distance: 650m, 8 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ueno Station, Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 15
1. Facing Ueno Station Central Gate ticket gate, turn around and start your way. Make sure Information Center is on your left hand side.
2. Walk straight for about 80m and you will find Hirokoji Exit ahead of you.
3. Go outside from Hirokoji Exit. You will find a crossing ahead of you in 30m.
4. Cross the street and make a right turn.
5. Walk straight for about 80m unitil you reach the intersection.
6. When you reach the intersection, make a left turn.
7. Walk straight for about 150m and you will find a junction.
8. When you find a junction, take the left street. Walk straight for another 150m.
You will make a right turn at the 2nd street from here.
9. Make a right turn at the 2nd street.
Make sure to be careful not to miss this narrow street.
10. Walk straight for another 30m before making a left turn.
11. Make a left turn.
12. Walk straight for about 20m and make a left turn.
13. Make a left turn.
14. Walk straight for about 10m and you will find your destination to your right.
15. Enjoy your meal at Manpuku (まんぷく)!