What makes Chodaikichi's ramen so special for the locals must be their soup in its Tokusei Ramen (Special Ramen). The slice of thick bamboo shoots with fine seasoned egg and seaweeds on top of the mixture of pork bone and soy sauce based creamy soup. When you take two or three strands of thick noodles that are neatly dipped in the soup, you would realize how dense the soup is coiling around the noodles and your chopsticks with the alluring smell. The soup is thick enough to feel its salty taste and has a strong punch in it. The price (1050 yen) is just a little bit steeper for the ramen, but the quality is, without a doubt, a top notch.
Restaurant: Choudaikichi Uenoten (超大吉 上野店)
Address: 6-6-4, Ueno, Taitou-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station: JR Ueno Station
Open Hour: From 11:00 until sellout
Price Range: [Lunch] ～￥999, [Dinner] ～￥999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: Ten counter seats
・Total distance: 450m, 6 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Ueno Station, Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Facing Ueno Station Central Gate ticket gate, turn around and start your way. Make sure Information Center is on your left hand side.
2. Walk straight for about 80m and you will find Hirokoji Exit ahead of you.
3. Go outside from Hirokoji Exit. You will find a crossing ahead of you in 30m.
4. Cross the street and keep walking straight.
5. Go walk between the buildings from here for about 250m. You will make a left turn at the 2nd street from here.
6. Pass the 1st street and keep walking straight.
7. Make a left turn at the 2nd street.
8. Walk straight for about 50m and you will find your destination to your right.
9. Enjoy your meal at Choudaikichi Uenoten (超大吉 上野店)!