Here is the famous Yakitori (grilled chicken) restaurant of a long standing in Shinjuku. Torishige has been around and loved by the locals for more than 65 years acquiring reputations for its outstanding customer satisfaction. In that sense, there is not much to say about the restaurant except that you would be amazed of their exceptional yakitoris with the highest quality if you ever had a chance to visit here. Not only they are good at grilling fresh chickens but also good at roasting giblets and beef sirloins that are quite popular among the locals too. Though, what is so amazing about Torishige is that they have variety of grilled cuisines and parts (of chicken) that are difficult to manage but never failed to satisfy customers, by which they must have gained such sophisticated techniques as well as carefully selected impeccable outlets in the long history. The restaurant is, indeed, a treasure for everybody who come to Shinjuku either for lunch or dinner to say at least.
They have varieties of set menu also, price ranging from 2000, 2400, 2800, 5000, 6000, 8000, and 12000 yen. Unfortunately there is no English menu available. In that sense, the restaurant is almost always full of locals where you need to make reservation in advance. The recommendations are the 5000 yen Omakase Kushi Course (all selected by the chef) and 6000 yen Tokusen Course (6 skewered yakitoris, the fresh chicken sashimi, and the porridge of rice and vegetables) respectively. They are, without compliments, so delicious. Once you come to Torishige for their yakitoris, you will never see yakitori the same way again. It is that different from the other yakitori restaurants.
・Total distance: 300m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, South Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 7
1. Facing the entrance, turn around to see a traffic light BEHIND you.
2. DO NOT cross the street but make a RIGHT turn by following the arrow. Go down this street for about 150 meters until you reach the intersection.
3. When you get to the intersection, cross the street and make a LEFT turn.
4. Then again, cross the street and keep walking straight.
5. Keep walking straight for about 20m. You will make a right turn at the 1st street.
6. After making a turn, you will find your destination to your left.
7. Enjoy your meal at Torishige (鳥茂)!