Restaurant: Tofuya (東府屋 （とうふや）)
Address: 1-16-7, Nishi Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku Tokyo, IDS Bld 1F & 5F
Nearest Station: JR Shinjuku Station South Exit
Mon - Sat 11:30 - 14:30 (1F),
Mon - Fri 11:30 - 14:00 (5F)
Mon - Sat 16:00 - 2:00 (1F) ※5F 23:30
(Sun, Holiday) 16:00 - 23:00 (1・5F)
Close: Please call the restaurant for year-end and New Years.
Price Range: [Lunch] ～￥999, [Dinner]￥3,000～￥5,000
Credit Card: Possible
Seats: 114 seats
When you are looking for a real Izakaya that serves exceptional fresh sashimi (raw fish) and healthy tasty nabe (stew) accompanying with delicious Japanese sake in Shinjuku, Tofuya is an excellent place to go.
Once you go inside, take the seats and open the unique newspaper on the table which is actually a menu for this restaurant. Then start ordering from the delicious fresh seafood to start with that goes perfectly well with their Japanese sake. Try the Bishonen sake from the Kumamoto prefecture we recommend with confidence. The restaurant's signature dish, on the other hand, is the raw sliced squid which is an excellent selection for every locals. The normal squid you would find in supermarket is usually white and dry but the one in Tofuya is so fresh that it is transparent and much more watery neatly sliced on a beautiful rounded dish. Dip one or two slice of squid into the ponzu sauce and you will be amazed of how delicious this weird looking creature is! Once again, this is an Izakaya that has varieties of Japanese traditional food, but not many Izakaya has such higher quality as Tofuya. It is definitely worth to visit.
・Total distance: 350m, 4 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, South Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 7
1. Let's start your way from JR Shinjuku Station, South Entrance.
Facing the entrance, turn around to see a traffic light BEHIND you.
2. DO NOT cross the street but make a RIGHT turn by following the arrow. Go down this street for about 150 meters until you reach the intersection.
3. When you get to the intersection, cross the street and go further straight for about 100 meters.
You will make a right turn at the 2nd street.
4. Make a right turn at the 2nd street.
5. Walk straight for 100m and you will find your destination to your right.
6. Keep walking straight. You are almost there.
7. Enjoy your meal at Tofuya (東府屋)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested!