Located in Shinjuku Golden-gai, a ramen shop found on 2004, is the most popular ramen shop around. Specializing in dried fish based soup, they have
extracted the soup in very concentrated and rich in taste that they had to warn their customer not to eat if they don't like dried fish. You will know by the first sip it's richness and
fondness of the flavor. The charshu (boiled pork) is thick and juicy adding an accent to to the ramen.
The restaurant is small, only 10 counter seats, and located on the 2nd floor on a steep stairs which you won't be able to pass by each other. So in case the restaurant is full, you need to wait outside for the ramen.
・Total distance: 650m, 8 mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, East Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 16
1. Let's start your way from Shinjuku Station, East Entrance.
2. This is the East Entrance ticket gate. After you come out from the gate, follow the arrow.
3. You will find stairs on your left in less than 20 meters from the ticket gate. Go upstairs by following the arrow.
4. This is how Shinjuku East Entrance looks like from outside. Follow the arrow to the RIGHT.
5. If you see this picture on the way, you are on the right track. Keep walking straight until you see the intersection.
6. When you get to the intersection, cross the street and follow the arrow between the buildings.
7. If you see this picture on the way, you are on the right track. Keep walking straight for about 100 meter until you reach the big intersection.
8. Cross this big intersection and make a right turn.
9. After making a right turn, walk straight for about 250m until you find Lawson (the convenient store) to your left.
10. When you find Lawson to your left, be ready to make a left turn at the next coming street.
11. Make a left turn here.
12. Walk straight for about 80 meter. You will soon find the signboard that says Shinjuku Golden Gai (新宿ゴールデン街) to your left.
13. There are two similar signboards of Shinjuku Golden Gai. Ignore the first one and walk on to find the second one.
14. Here is the entrance of Shinjuku Golden Gai to Ramen Nagi. You are almost there.
15. Walk this narrow street for about 40 meters and you will find Ramen Nagi to your left.
16. Enjoy your meal at Ramen Nagi (ラーメン凪)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested!