Fu-Unji in Shinjuku is best known for its heavy chicken based tsukemen. When you are here, you must order their Tokusei Tsukemen (950 Yen). The thick delicious soup that contains ingredients from the sea, which adds a pleasant flavor to its chicken based, goes perfectly well with the medium thin noodles with an outstanding chewy texture. On top of the thick soup you will find slices of bamboo shooting and delicious chashu pork that are neatly prepared right next to the tasty egg called ajitama. Once you start taking two or three strands of noodles and dip them in the soup to enjoy the outstanding harmony of the Fu-Unji's tsukemen, you will be amazed of its mind blowing flavor of the broth that wows you with every sip. When you are in Shinjuku looking for the best tsukemen, Fu-Unji is the place to go.
・Total Distance : 550m, 7 min (on foot)
・Starting Point : JR Shinjuku Station, South Entrance
・Steps to follow : 1 - 9
1. Facing the entrance, turn around to see a traffic light BEHIND you.
2. DO NOT cross the street but make a RIGHT turn by following the arrow. Go down this street for about 150 meters until you reach the intersection.
3. When you get to the intersection, cross the street and make a LEFT turn.
4. Cross the street and keep walking straight.
5. Keep walking straight for about 20m. You will make a right turn at the 1st street.
6. After making a turn, walk straight for another 200m until you reach the end of this street.
7. When you reach the end of this street, you will find a Police Station ahead.
Take the left street next to the Police Station.
8. Walk straight for 15m and you will find your destination to your left.
9. Enjoy your meal at Fu-unji (風雲児)!